Thanks for visiting my blog! Check the right hand sidebar for "Labels" that break the posts into specific topics that you are interested in.

If you have any topics you'd like to know more about, please leave a comment or email me at ventanawardprovidentliving@gmail.com.



Wednesday, January 23, 2013

This week's challenge

If you're anything like me, you're really disorganized when it comes to recipes!  Most of the recipes I like, I have pinned online, or saved on the computer, or shoved in a cupboard - somewhere!  There are lots of problems with this, but obviously the biggest is that if something crazy went down in the world and I don't have access to technology, I'm in trouble when it comes to preparing meals!  So this week's challenge, for any one else who wants to accept it, is to start the organization project!  Create a hard copy of all your favorite recipes, put them in an organized binder or something, and then make sure you start collecting those ingredients in your food storage.  I have found that it works good for us if I just grab and extra thing or two each time I'm at the store.  If we need spaghetti sauce, I buy two and put one in our "3 month supply."  This helps create a bigger short term supply, without really feeling the pinch of the finances in a short amount of time.

Challenge accepted.  I've got to go start printing and organizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment